It may not be nearly as cold here as it is elsewhere, but my body is still reminding me that winter is quickly approaching. My hands and feet haven't warmed up in days, my skin is dry, and I'm to the point where I want to live under my heated blanket. Yep. Winter is almost here. You're probably thinking how that's possible in Texas, but in my defense, it actually got below freezing this weekend, so don't make fun of my intolerance just yet! When it gets cold like this, I have some favorite winter care products
that I use almost daily that work wonders in the cold, dry air. These are a few of my must haves:
1. Organic Coconut Oil Lotion
- As soon as the humidity begins to taper off and the temperatures drop (even the slightest bit), my hands get dry and start to crack. It's disgusting, really, and the only thing that helps is coconut oil. If you have very dry skin, give coconut oil a try. It will help when nothing else does! Since it's a bit greasy, I usually only wear it at night before bed, but this organic lotion with coconut oil is a great alternative for use throughout the day.
2. Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
- I've mentioned my love for witch hazel in this post
before, and I'm still obsessed. This is a gentle toner that is alcohol free, which won't dry out your skin. With the added aloe, it's the perfect choice for added moisture during the dryer winter months.
3. Clarisonic Mia 2
- Not only is this a great way to get a deep clean for your face, it's also great for gently exfoliating dry skin patches that leave your makeup looking cakey.
4. Breathe Again
- There's not a day that goes by that I don't use my Young Living essential oils. There are so many uses for the oils, even for the winter months. Breathe Again (as well as R.C., Eucalyptus, and Raven) are all must haves for when the winter cold strikes and you can hardly breath. A small application rubbed on your chest will work wonders.
5. Baby Lips Dr. Rescue - If you suffer from chapped lips, this will help! It also comes in different shades, so you can still add your pop of color while it protects and helps your lips.
6. Kleenex® Winter Pack - What better way to show someone you care when they're in need during cold and flu season than with this? I personally aways keep this on hand because you never know when you or someone else will need it. The added aloe and Vitamin E will also help keep your face moisturized.
Labels: Beauty, winter