Green Fruit Smoothie

I'm not the best when it comes down to eating my daily dose of fruit each day, so I try to make it a point to incorporate fruit into my diet at least 2-3 times a week in smoothie form.  I'm also not the best at eating my greens all the time.  I know that sounds terrible, but it's the truth.  The easiest way to get both fruits and greens is for me to make a smoothie that is not only good, but filling enough to hold me over until it's time for lunch.  I'm all about sneaking in the greens since they're not exactly my favorite thing to eat.  I've found the easiest way to do this is to put it in a sweet smoothie or to juice some greens with fruit.  You barely taste it!  This green fruit smoothie recipe is the perfect way to sneak in some greens and fruit for a healthy snack or light meal.
WHAT YOU NEED
2 cups of frozen tropical fruit (strawberry, peach, mango)
1/2 cup apple juice
5 oz. plain greek yogurt
2 tbs. milled flaxseed
1 packet of Born Sweet™ Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener
1 handful of baby spinach leaves 

WHAT YOU DO
Add the fruit, juice, yogurt, flax, spinach, and Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener into the blender and blend until you have a smooth consistency and the spinach is completely chopped up.  Pour into a glass and enjoy!

Sometimes the smoothie can be a little too tangy for my liking, so I just add in a packet or two of Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener and it gives it just the right amount of sweetness. I consider my smoothies a clean meal, so I avoid artificial ingredients when I can. Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener is a great way to make something sweet (with no funny aftertaste or added calories) made with only real ingredients. I've been searching for a great non-artificial sweetener and finally found it here!

This green fruit recipe has been my favorite for a few years now, but I'm always open to try new things. Do you have a secret way you add in fruits and greens in your diet you'd like to share?


This is a sponsored post in partnership with Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener and Her Campus Media. All words and opinions are my own.

Labels: , , , , , , ,