Do You Really Know Your Dog?

Woof woof!  Brees here!  Some of us have already met, but for those of you that are new around here, I'm Hailey's half brother!  Dara and I share the same mom, so I guess that makes me Dara's brother?   Err something like that.

I live in Louisiana, so when Dara comes home to visit she steals me and I'm all hers.  We've been the best of friends for several years now and I have all the tail wags to show for it.  We're siblings, but she swears we're not exactly the same.  She calls herself human or something and I'm called a dawg, but she says she doesn't know what kind.  Sometimes she refers to me as a MultiPoo, whatever that means. 

When she asks what my previous life was like, I'm not much help either.  I don't remember my parents much and my last home was this shelter thingy that I shared with a lot of other dogs.  They're not really kind there.  My room was small, much less impressive than that room she once took me to play in called a puppy palace suite.  It was cool, but all I know is that I never want to leave the place I now call home.  My new life is much better.  Now I get to spend my days chasing all the neighborhood squirrels and getting belly rubs.  We're one big happy family, but my mom and sister still wonder exactly what I am.

In between my begging sessions at dinner (what, it was steak night) I overheard them talking about a Mars Veterinary's Wisdom PanelĀ® 3.0 event going on at the Amazing Pet Expo in Austin, Texas on August 1-2.  Mom says the Wisdom PanelĀ® 3.0 is a revolutionary canine DNA test that will tell her everything she needs to know about my breed ancestry from my great grandparents so she can use it for my nutrition and overall healthcare.  She promised me a bone if I let her swab my gums for the test, so how could I turn down that offer?  It sounds easy enough.  I snuck a peek on Dara's computer while she was outside and checked their Facebook just to be sure and instead I found my future girlfriend.  We've been Tweeting for a week now.  She's a pretty fluffy one.  In other news, Mom said we'll know what I am in 2-3 weeks.  I'm kind of excited.  I hope me and Dara can still be siblings!

This post is sponsored by Mars Veterinary Wisdom Panel 3.0, but all opinions are my own.

Labels: , , , , , ,