Life, Currently

Loving:  That I can still wear my fall and winter wardrobe while it lasts.

Wondering:  Why my new glasses feel a lot stronger in strength than my contacts.  The new glasses are the same prescription strength as the contacts I wear daily, but as soon as I put the glasses on I noticed a difference, and not in a good way.  The glasses make everything feel extra sharp and almost disoriented, like that feeling you get when you leave the eye doctor with a completely new prescription for the first time, but it just doesn't make any sense.  They're both the same.  Should I send them back or wait it out? Ahh!

Watching:  The Bachelor.  I know I'm really late to the party on this one, but this is my first time watching it and I have so many questions!  First, let me just say if Whitney doesn't win then I'm done. Second, this has got to be better than the Bachelorette, right? (I've never seen that one either).  Do the shows alternate each season?  And random fact for all you LSU or Chargers fans, Becca's brother in law is Jacob Hester.  Small world isn't it?

Working:  On new jewelry designs for Bijoux Avenue! I have lots of new pieces in creation that I can't wait to share!

Reading: Girl Boss and Blog Inc.  Ok, well let me just say I should probably rephrase this to "planning on reading" since I haven't actually started yet.  But, I plan on reading them really soon.  Have you read these?  Thoughts? 

Eating:  Potato soup from this recipe I shared.  It's been as cold as ice (literally) in Dallas, with sleet and snow two days this week, but potato soup helps warm things up.  I also don't mind that I can literally throw a handful of things into the Crock Pot and be done with it.

Wanting:  To buy all the essential oils, but not wanting to go bankrupt in the process.  What are your must haves?





Why did you start a blog and what is your favorite thing about blogging?
I started the blog as a means to write. My dad always told me that I was a good writer and that by showcasing that maybe it would help me find a job. My favorite thing about blogging...that's a hard one. I always get excited when someone comments on my posts--like wow people like what I'm writing!

If you had to pick a favorite post of yours, which would it be?
Ok so I don't have one favorite. Probably all of my wedding posts are my favorite!

You seem to love you job industry. Any tips for the brides to be?
I really do love the wedding industry! There's so much advice for brides as soon as the ring is slipped on their finger. Bypassing all the traditional do this, do that, I'd say enjoy it. It's not everyday you get engaged and it can go by really fast. Also, it can be stressful trying to please everyone in your family or bridal party or both! So, don't even try. Your wedding should reflect you (the bride) and your fiancé. Let everyone know that their opinions are welcome, but that doesn't mean your going to go with that suggestion.

What's your favorite quote you live by?
This is a hard one. I have a whole board on Pinterest for quotes. "You're off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!" Dr. Seuss.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If I could live anywhere, I'd live with Joshua in Pittsburgh. Or somewhere in the North. Call me crazy, but I love the snow (even though I've only actually seen it once like full one snowing)!


Be sure to head over and tell Allison hi!

Labels: , , , ,