Quotes I Live By

Sometimes, a really good quote is all you need to get you back on track or in touch with reality.  I like quotes that remind me of the important things in life, or reassure me in the right direction.  It's those quotes that give me that "aha" moment that I enjoy the most, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite quotes I live by.
you can do anything but not everything quote
via
I need to remind myself of this often.  If I were to write down every idea that crosses my mind on a daily basis, I'd have a to-do list a mile long.  Every time I see cool idea, I think "I can do that".  Next thing you know, I have a plan to do it all.  If I could have it my way, I'd have my own shop for boutique clothes, blog designs, cute prints, tee shirts- you name it, I'd have it.  But then reality sets in.  Sure, I'm capable of doing all of these (ok maybe a little more training on the blog design but I have a good idea on where to start), but it's not feasible.  So I stick to what I know best, and that's jewelry.  But believe me when I say I want to do it all!

look at you living and shit quote
via
I've been wanting to hit on this topic for some time now, but it never has and never will deserve its own post, so that explains why it's never happened.  But if I'm being completely honest, I'm sure  many of us have been there and can relate to this quote in some way. Years ago, I would've called bullsh*t on that quote, but now let me just say that this quote couldn't be more true.  Funny how that works.

comparison is the thief of joy quote
via
More times than I'd like to admit, I've gotten sucked into the comparison game.  It's so easy to browse social media and think someone has the perfect life.  What we forget to realize is that many times, people are only showing you the good side.  Nothing is perfect and if we focus on what we have rather than what we don't, everyone would be better off.

life is too short to live the same day twice quote
via
This explains my start and end dates of life.  I don't fear change; I crave it.  If I could have it my way, I would live in a new city every year.
be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle quote
via
This was proven once I was introduced to the wonderful world of blogging.  You just never know what someone may be going through.  Just when you think someone has it all, they pour their heart out into a blog post and share ever detail of their daily battles.  I appreciate those people more than they know for being so real. 

people will never forget how you made them feel quote
via
I couldn't have said it better myself.  You may forget words exchanged in anger during that stupid argument you had, but you can't take back those words and the scar they leave.  Be kind.

wherever you are, be all there quote
via
How many of you could benefit from a social media unplug?  I know I could!  Whenever I find myself subconsciously browsing Instagram or Twitter when I should be living in the moment, I quickly put the phone away, because one day when you're old and nearly bedridden, all you'll have are memories from your life.  Make them worth it and be in the moment.


Do you have a favorite quote you live by?

Labels: , ,