How to Relax and Reduce Stress Naturally

Stress.  It happens to all of us and more often than not, it's never welcome and stays far too longer than it should.  I've had my fair share of stress and this week has been no different.  It's no secret that it's been a week since I've been around this blog to sit down and write something, and while I'm not here to apologize for the lack of posts since I don't believe in that crazy blog every day or you're not a blogger rule, because hiii, that's just ridiculous and it's my blog so I do what I want, when I want, I am here to at least fill you in on what's been going on because that's just what we do in this blogging game.  

The past few days have been the worst days any family could ever hope for.  Chris's sweet grandma has seemed to unfortunately loose her battle with cancer and it's just a matter of short time until she takes her last breath.  While I try to focus on the positive side of the situation, if there even is one, I can't help but question why these things happen to people.  With all the technology we have today, how is there not a cure?  How can a perfectly healthy person's life suddenly be turned around due to six evil letters beginning with a "c"?   I just don't get it.  

I guess it's just part of life we somehow have to accept.  To say these past few days have been stressful for everyone is an understatement.  There's only so much mourning and grieving you can do before it becomes very unhealthy and triggers unusual amounts of stress.  No matter what's going on in my life though, I try to make it a point to relax at the end of the day. Here's what helps me relax and I hope some of these tips can help do the same for you.

how to relax and reduce stress naturally




Let's start with the obvious first:  yoga.  Or any form of exercise, really.  Being active is such a natural stress reliever, so I make sure before anything to get a good workout in, even though I almost hate it.

I've also found that drinking fruit infused water helps me feel refreshed.  Try adding some fruit to your water bottle to sip on throughout the day and see the difference it makes!

For the product side of things, aromatherapy candles in soothing scents always do the trick.  You can light these in multiple rooms of your house so the smell is all around you. 

Another favorite is taking a candlelight bubble bath.  Add some epson salt and lavender essential oil to your bath; the lavender has natural stress relieving properties.  I personally like to use a eucalyptus and spearmint scented salt solution for my bath, but any favorite scent of yours can help.  And always, always relax with a nice glass of wine, or two ;)

Speaking of relaxing, did you know that National Relaxation Day is August 15?  I encourage you to treat yourself and take some extra time to relax and unwind.  We all have different ways to relax, so there's no right or wrong way to celebrate.  
Tommy Bahama is leading the way to National Relaxation Day and wants to help you get relaxed too.  

They'll be giving away weekly getaway trips until August 18 and a grand prize vacation to Hawaii!  They've got you covered from airfare, hotel, food, and transportation, so don't miss out.  You can enter to win here.
If you're ready to test your luck even more before National Relaxation Day, you can receive a sealed game piece when you make a purchase in Tommy Bahama stores and restaurants.  This is your chance to win $25,000 cash or lots of other goodies!  

On National Relaxation Day you can even get free soft serve ice cream at all Tommy Bahama Island locations, with live music and 20% off all purchases in select locations.

That's not too bad of a way to relax if you ask me!  Thank you Tommy Bahama for sponsoring today's post and helping me relax.

What are your favorite ways to relax?  I'd love to hear what works for you!

Labels: ,