Spring Break in New Orleans

I'm baaaaack!  Remember me?  I hope so because I missed this place... a little, although it was nice only being on the computer for about an hour total the entire time I was gone.  Apparently while I was gone this blog hit 1,000 followers.  I just thought I would throw that out there since most seem to celebrate these things!  Sorry I don't have a legit reason behind the unplanned mini blogging m.i.a vacay that went on here while I was in Louisiana.  Time sure does fly when you're having fun and that's exactly what it did.  It seemed like such a short trip, but I made sure to take advantage of every minute of it.  

It all started with the decision to play tourist in my city of New Orleans, so I'm apologizing in advance for the outrageous photo dump that's about to take place.  I realized that I never took many pictures of the city when I actually lived in the state, but hey, it's never too late to play catch up right?  It really is a beautiful place and is definitely something I never fully appreciated until I left.  When you live so close to something it's easy to say there's always next time or you can always go back, but once you move you start to see things differently and those things you were so accustomed to are now several times a year things.  I made sure to pay attention and fully take in everything around me and it was fun being the tourist for once.

Excuse my obsession with Jackson Square and the St. Louis cathedral.  It really is my favorite spot in the quarter.  Cue the photo dump.
new orleans jackson square
jackson square new orleans
jakson square new orleans
jackson square
the steamer new orleans
oak tree lined street
I almost forgot what it was like to casually walk into a bar and order a drink in a to-go cup.  New Orleans kindly reminded me. Now if only the rest of the world could be this laid back!
port of call monsoon
cafe du monde beignets
bourbon street new orleans
french quarter balcony
tropical isle hand grenade
pat o'briens new orleans french quarter
new orleans french quarter balcony
And of course no trip home would be complete without a crawfish boil, or two, strawberry beer, warm weather, and a St. Patty's Day parade.
crawfish boil
parade throws
In Nola, they like to throw cabbage, carrots, potatoes, garlic, lemon, chips, candy, you name it, they throw it.  I'm curious, are any other parades like this?

Have you been to New Orleans?  What's your favorite thing to do in the city?

Labels: , , , , , , ,