Diets and Countdowns, What Has My Life Become?

Well hello there, for the first time this year!  Vacation is officially over and back to the real world it is for this girl.  But no worries though, there's only 8 weeks, 150 hours, and 57 minutes between me and  the next one, Spring Break to be exact.  Not that I'm counting or anything.  But let's be honest, when your life no longer looks like this:
and currently looks like this, you'd be counting down too.
Can we talk about my tan feet for a second?  Yeah, about that.. my skin is currently as white as the snow right above.  That, my friend, is a problem.  Me and winter  and the north are just not friends.  Which is why I can also tell you that there's exactly 4 months, 6 hours, and 36 minutes until I walk across a stage to receive a $40,000 piece of paper my second and last diploma.  That's graduation, aka the day I'm officially free and out.of.here.  Just the thought of that is putting a smile on my face.

Know what else puts a smile on my face?  This heavenly goodness called king cake cheesecake.
Which reminds me that's it's currently Mardi Gras season, so if anyone down south wants to order and ship me a king cake, you're more than welcome to.  That new years resolution can always wait another day, right?  I mean after all, postponing a non existent diet for one day is always better than putting it off for a whole year or four, not like I've done that before or anything, I'm just saying...

Speaking of resolutions, diets, and all the other bullshiz, I really really am trying this time around.  But considering the fact that I've never had a salad, don't like lettuce, or most healthy foods, or what I usually call rabbit food to be exact, it's going to be a tough one.  I'm not making any promises and I'm sure as hell not disciplined enough to declare myself yeast free, paleo, or whatever else it is you super healthy and hot people do, but I'm going to be making progress and that's a promise.  I've gained almost 20 pounds since I moved up here last August (nearly a year and a half ago) and that is not acceptable.  It's disgusting, actually.  All my hard workouts have gone to complete waste over the year and if 20 pounds per year is the pattern, I'm sure as hell not going to let that game continue.     
Pretend I didn't just say everything in that last paragraph though and send me a king cake.  I'll be forever grateful.  

Happy Mardi Gras y'all.


Ps- to celebrate 2014, all ad spaces are 25% off w/ code SOUTHERN25!

bloglovin'  ::  facebook  ::  instagram  ::  twitter  ::  pinterest

Labels: , , , , , , , ,